Our Family

Our Family
The Family

Friday, August 31, 2012

The tooth fairy visits Mia!


Here is your update on the tooth. So the first photo I took was taken some time in mid June. The following picture was taken on August 8th after the girls six month dental appointment. As the dentist was cleaning her teeth she looks at me and tells me that the tooth needs to come out like yesterday. I told her that the tooth had been loose for about  a month and a half and that it would just come out on it's own because I was not about to volunteer to pull it out. I hate stuff like this. I asked her why she was so insistent that I pull it out right away and then she shows me this.



I about died. How in the world did I miss this? Well Mia is actually really good at brushing her teeth so I never have to brush her teeth like I do with Mae. I was so shocked. You could not tell that her permanent tooth was already growing in looking straight at her. The only way you could see it was when you looked inside her mouth. What happened next was both traumatizing for me as well as Mia. The dentist said that she would not extract it because she did not want Mia to associate her with the person who caused her pain and stress and so she would leave that up to us. H.B. was not happy but was up for the task. I put on my poker face and tried my hardest to keep it together for Mia. She was completely freaked out. It took us about an hour to do the extraction and yes we had to pin the child down and try not to loose it as she screamed, "Save me mom save me " at the top of her lungs as H.B. applied the lidocaine. It was awful especially because she claims the lidocaine never took. H.B. says she was just too freaked out to noticed that she was numbed up. Once we thought the medicine was working we simply put some dental floss under the tooth as close to the root as possible and pulled as hard as we could. After two tries it came right out.


   Noticed the redness under the eyes. The child only cried for about 45 minutes straight. Lets just say the tooth fairy was pretty generous. My fear now is that we will have to do this again soon. Most of her friends her age are loosing teeth left and right but not Mia. I told her that as soon as she starts feeling a tooth start to come loose to wiggle it until it comes out so we don't have to go through this again. We shall see.













1 comment:

  1. This is just too traumatic to comment on. I hope Mia remembers her job to work on those loose teeth, in a most serious and consistent manner!

    ReplyDelete