You know how they say there is a time and a season for all things. I am loving the season we are in. Having young children presents its many challenges but at the same time it is extremely rewarding and satisfying. It takes a lot of practice and time to feel some what competent when it comes to rearing children but eventually you realize that no two days in your life with these little ones will ever be the same. What may have worked with one child will most likely not work with another. Where is the fun in that? So eventually you come to the realization that being a parent is about the experience and not so much about raising the perfect child.
![]() | ||
| Mae Mae waiting for instructions. |
Our children are growing up. I can still remember the sleepless nights when I wished that my babies would soon sleep through the night. Or the times when I wished they were potty trained, learn to feed themselves, put there own shoes, get themselves in the car without assistance from me to name a few. Now that they can pretty much do most of those things on their own I look at them and wished with all my heart that I could stop time even if for just a moment. There isn't much I can do about that but what I can do is hug them a little longer, act silly with them, express my love for them every chance I get, and simply be more present in their lives. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to be a mother. The season we are in is so sweet I never want it to end.
Look at this baby! Oh how I miss her. Mae Mae in her first two two ever. This child absolutely loves dancing and music. Since starting ballet in the middle of June she has been excited every week about getting in her cute black leotard to go to ballet class. The same goes for Mia. She has been enjoying every minute of it. Since the girls are two and a half years apart I am having to put them in different classes which requires that I drive to the school twice a week instead of once a week like I had anticipated. Seeing their happy faces when it's time for ballet makes up for all the driving I am having to do.
![]() |
| Mia has only been begging me to put her in Ballet for the past couple of years. This is Mia pretending to be a Ballerina two years ago. |
![]() |
| Mae Mae doing tippies. |
![]() |
| Mia doing some sort of flip. Her class also includes acrobatics. |
![]() |
| Both girls did tap as well. Mae especially loves tapping those shoes on the tile floor. |













I LOVE your line: "...being a parent is about the experience and not so much about raising the perfect child." My girls don't remember dance class, but I sure do remember the fun of taking them.
ReplyDelete