Our Family

Our Family
The Family

Monday, September 3, 2012

Mia turns 6!

I wish I could keep her this age forever!!!!!!! I know it sounds crazy but I don't want them to ever grow up. I know what is coming and I am not ready to give my babies up. I always ask them to stop growing but they simply smile back at me and say they can't! It doesn't hurt to try right.

This year we celebrated her birthday a little early. She wanted to have a slumber party with a few of her friends but I told her that I would rather have a pajama party and that at the end everyone could just go home. I don't let Mia stay the night with anyone other then cousins so I didn't think it would be good to ask other parents to let their children stay the night at our house. We did the party the Friday before school started so that I wouldn't have to worry about it once school was in session and I am really glad we did. A few little girls came over and we had a spa night for them. The girls loved it. They had fun getting their chocolate facials, their mani's and pedi's, and all the treats they could eat. My sisters were amazing and they helped me with the girls. There is no way I could have done it all on my own.


Soaking the feet.

Mae was not really feeling the chocolate facial. She only let us put a little on her cheek.

Having a little fun with make up.





This table was all about the sweets.



Jenny and Vilma both got into the action. The little girls loved putting make up on Vilma.

Movie time.

All of her dreams have finally come true. She has been asking for this mermaid tail for a year now. She can actually swim with it in the water. It is made of the same material as the swim suites and has a hole at the bottom so she can simply pull it up when she is out of the water.



This past Wednesday, August 29, 2012 Mae and I did surprise Mia by bringing her a special birthday lunch. We also shared some cookies with her class. Her teacher had her wear a birthday head band and she got a sticker to let everyone know it was her birthday. She had a lot of fun.





1 comment:

  1. I DO know what you mean by wanting them to stay little. Obviously my pleas went unnoticed. But you make having birthdays so worth it. Such clever activities and food and decorations. I can't imagine any of the participants forgetting such an event. I know I'm still talking about the tea party and advocating it has as a real hit. And now I have another party to brag on!

    ReplyDelete