Our Family

Our Family
The Family

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Who's 3?

 The number of the day is 3 and it is brought to you by Mae's 3rd Birthday! Unbelievable, I am in complete denial. Where has my baby gone. A baby no more miss Mae only reminds me on a daily basis that she is not a baby anymore. I can't help but treat her like one sometimes. She is so independent and loves to do things on her own including going to the potty. Yay!!!! I am free of diapers. That is definitely one perk of not having a baby anymore. I am trying to enjoy these precious years even when I feel like they are driving me crazy. I recently attended a time out for women where Hilary Weeks said something that really struck me. She said when talking about her 8 year old daughter, " I will only know my children as children for a brief time." That really hit home for me. In the great scheme of things and for as long as eternity I will only know these little beings for a short period. As tired as I might be, as messy as they make my house, as naughty as they will act sometimes, I will only know them as children for a short time. It made me absolutely grateful for the blessing of motherhood and everything that comes with it.

Hillary Weeks and I at the TOFW in Orlando
Mae's 3rd birthday I think was really a birthday for me. I am definitely living vicariously through her on this one. I could not help myself. It was so much fun planning her party. I was trying to think of ways to throw an inexpensive yet creative party. I wanted her to feel loved and special on her day. Then it came to me. I decided I would do a tea party. The girls love the teapot I have which belonged to my mom. They always ask if they can play with it and I always tell them that it is a special teapot and only mommy can use it. What is more exciting for a little girl then to be able to use real china and real tea cups. I lucked out and found some really cute tea cups at an antique store near my house. I also went to a few thrift stores to see if I could find unique looking china pieces. It didn't matter that they didn't match. I think it adds character and made for a more interesting look.

 Mae showing off her new birthday dress $10 find at target. Gotta love the after Easter sale! I have to say that I did add the flower for some embellishment.
 Instead of a traditional cake I made some cake pops with pink candy melts. I also purchased some pink mini cup cakes. It was all about the finger foods and treats. They absolutely loved it. Everything was served on pretty china I found at thrift stores. Because Target had all their Easter stuff on sale I was able to purchase ties for the boys who attended the party and gloves for the girls. The best part was they were $.30 each. The girls loved putting them on for their tea party.


These little tea cups are absolutely adorable. I wanted to play too! Since we don't drink tea in our house we served pink lemonade. Mae's favorite drink.








Here is what the ceiling looked like. Mia and Mae helped me put up all the balloons.











We only had a few friends over. From left to right Gavin Tait, Emma Wozniack Jacob Wozniack, Makayla Wozniack, Mia, Lauren Tate, and Mae.

Loving her new gloves.

It was agreed by the guest that they loved the tea party. The girls and boys really enjoyed themselves.

Picture with the birthday girl.




 This is the only kid party that I have ever attended where there were more adults then children. There were 7 kids including Emiliano James and 13 adults. Aunt Cupcake and Leroy, Craig and Tania, Jenny, Stacy and Carey Tait, Stacey's mom and brother Cheryl and Alex, Elizabeth and Chris Wozniack, and of course H.B. and I. We are so blessed to have had such great friends and family around to show love to our little Mae Mae. Once the kids and adults had eaten we served the cake pops and all other treats. We also played musical chairs and a clothes pin game that the kids really seemed to have enjoyed.

Over all it was a great party. I must admit that I enjoyed putting this one together. Happy 3rd birthday to my not so little Mae Mae!



2 comments:

  1. Obviously the best birthday party ever. Karen, UR so clever...and don't I wish I could have been there! Thanks for the documentation so I can pretend I attended. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her great-aunt Cupcake played tigers with her and since you guys look so much alike it was really like she was playing with you.

    ReplyDelete