Spring time is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the new life and growth it brings with it. I also love that April brings General Conference and it reminds us of the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for all man kind. This year we spent part of our General Conference observance while visiting with Chad and Susan Bowmen and their lovely family. They are an extraordinary family and a great example to us. After our visit in Pigeon Forge we spent the last two days of our vacation at their home. We had a great time visiting with them. The kids loved it there because they had toys and of course dress ups. Mae had been deprived all week while at the cabin so she was particularly excited about that. We spent most of Sunday driving home but we were able to listen to conference on our smart phones which we hooked up to the speakers to our car. On one occasion when one of the speakers quoted a scripture that began with, "And it came to pass" Mae Mae repeated the phrase and said, " did you hear that mom he said and it came to pass like in the scriptures." It is so nice to see that she is paying attention during scripture study. It would be hard not to recognize those words since I have made it a habit to make them repeat the scripture after I read it when it's their turn to read.
Spring flowers are my absolute favorite. On April first we visited the
Harry P. Leu Gardens H.B., Mae, and I. The weather was beautiful and the
gardens where amazing. My favorites were the Rose garden and the
vegetable garden. I wish some day I could have a vegetable garden as
beautiful as the one they have. Now if I could only have a green thumb. What am I saying. I not afraid of failure anymore! Now if I could only get a little patch of land somewhere.
 |
| Because Mia had to go to school and could not be there with us I took these pictures for her because she loves roses as much as I do. |
 |
| Mae's Favorite was the butterfly garden. |
Mae could go get her own vegetables for dinner if we had one of these.
Broccoli Yummy!
Spring time also brings fun times! Easter egg hunts and making memories with our friends.
 |
| Waiting our turn to play the games at the egg hunt with our friends |
 |
| Mia hopping like a bunny. |
 |
| Mae Mae's turn. |
 |
| Hula Hoop Time |
 |
| On Easter Sunday daddy brought us an Easter cake. Mia and Mae dyed the eggs for the center piece. It was a pretty quite Sunday as usual. Craig, Tanya, and baby Emiliano came over for dinner. |
I can now join you on this one, Karen: "I not afraid of failure anymore!" At least I'm trying to be as valiant as you are. Love you!
ReplyDelete