
It is with out a doubt that Christmas is my favorite holiday. Not for the commercialization of Christmas but what for what Christmas represents. At a time when men's hearts are failing them, and the love of self far exceeds that of the love for others, this time of year at least for me helps me to see that not all is lost. The spirit of Christmas while it may seem to have diminished is still prevalent and very much alive if you choose to see. This starts a home for me. While I strive to follow Jesus's example in all I do I too often fall short of being the person that Heavenly Fathers expects of me. Christmas helps me to remember what I can be, not only to those close to me but also to those whom I am a stranger to. It just fills my heart with peace, joy, and more importantly love. I am soo immensely grateful for the light that the gospel brings into my life. I guess what I am trying to say is that Christmas at least for me represents hope. Hope that all is not lost, that while man may be quick to do evil and slow to remember their God, ultimately we are his children and by default we have the potential to be just as he is. Forget about the fact that it also bring to mind the love that our heavenly father has for his children in spite of our many many faults. For this reason and so many others I love Christmas!
Christmas this year was filled with family, baking, and visiting with friends. Grandma and Pake, Craig and Tanya, Vilma, Andrew, and Joseluis, and last but not least Jorge and Jenny. I love making goodies for friends and family. I don't think that Vilma cooks as much as she does when she come to visit us. The stayed with us for an entire week which is always a treat for me.
 |
| Girls got to decorate gingerbread cookies. This is Mae's |
 |
| Mia's gingerbread |
 |
| Eating their creations. |
The girls also got to take pictures with Santa. They did a raffle for the children as well as the parents where they were able to win prizes. I just think they did a really nice job of making the families and especially the children feel special.
 |
| Mia, Mae, and their friend Esmeralda |
Earlier in the month the girls were invited to a breakfast with Santa which is hosted every year by the the Florida Hospital ER department. I am only blogging about this because I was really impressed by the amount of effort and care that they took to plan such a family oriented event. Although H.B. was not able to attend the kids and I really enjoyed ourselves. It was nice to visit with the friends we have made since being in this program. It just re-emphasized the fact that we are where we should be.
Christmas Eve dinner was at our house. H.B. was able to spend Christmas with us for the second year in a row and I honestly think this is my favorite Christmas present. Someone is looking out for me! Even though Vilma and I cooked a lot, surprisingly enough it was a pretty laid back affair. I also put together my very first ever Christmas play, which amazingly enough everyone was willing to participate in with out any complaints. It wasn't perfect but it was really special.
As is tradition now for us we let the kids open one present before sending them off to bed. It was a really nice pleasant evening and the company was superb.
Christmas day was spent opening the rest of the presents. Letting the kids play outside with their new toys and then dinner at Craig and Tanya's. Over all it was a nice day.
 |
| Christmas morning. Priceless moment. |
 |
| The girls showing off their new hair pieces. |
We also managed to make it over to the happiest place on earth earlier in the month. I have never seen Grandma so excited. I mean I love Disney and I know how she feels but her excitement was electrifying.
No comments:
Post a Comment