Our Family

Our Family
The Family

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Potty Training and More!

Did I just do this! Mae is now two and she hates getting her diaper changed. We told her that if she started going in the potty we wouldn't need to change her diaper anymore. She has a potty and she knows what it's for she has even gone poop in her potty (here is the proof) but she is still not ready.Okay so I spared you the details but trust me it was there. Just look at that face how could I be upset. For now we are continuing to work on it. Hopefully this phase goes smoothly. To be continued.......

I know this has nothing to do with potty training but I wanted to put it in here anyways. Mia and Mae at the movies on one of our movie day adventures. The movie theater will play kid movies every Tuesday for only a dollar. Mae is finally able to sit through an entire movie so I decided that we can do movie day this year. Mia of course loves going to the movies so this really enjoyable for her. It gives us a day out of the sun. We go to the pool a lot. Hence our fabulous tans! :)

Speaking of swimming Mia has really mastered her swimming. She loves the water and today she told me that she wants to be a mermaid when she grows up. I told her she needs to keep working on her swimming. It's been really nice to not have to really worry about her when we're in the pool so I can concentrate a little more on Mae Mae. For her part she will stick her head underwater....which is more then Mia would ever do at that age. I guess that might have to do with being traumatized when she was 18 months old when I put her in swim class.



I am putting these pictures here to remind me how quickly they grow up. Here is Mae at one year old. It reminds me that I won't always have babies to potty train and little girls who love getting into things(like Vaseline and moms favorite lotions). I honestly don't remember if Mia was the same way but it seems like Mae really likes getting into things. If she is too quite you better go looking for her. It's gotten to the point that H.B. put a lock on the pantry door because she would go in there and just help herself to whatever she wanted. She is a very verbal two year-old and so when I ask her who made the mess or who was the naughty little person who was getting into things she will simply say, "Mia did it" or "Aki did it" (even if he is no where near) or "I don't know". I don't think she throws as many tantrums as Mia did at this age but she is definitely mischievous. She still sucks her thumb and is still really attached to her Seahorse. Although now if for some reason we can't find him she seems to understand and just deals with it until he is found. Yesterday we went shopping and lost him at one of the stores. Luckily are back up plan is safe in her crib. That would be the pink seahorse. He was the original seahorse but after having lost him at Magic Kingdom once we bought her the blue one (that is all they had) and now she prefers him over the pink one. If you ever loose anything at Disney and they find it they will mail it to you which is what happened with pink seahorse. We must have dropped it on one of the rides or who knows but the thing is that when I called two weeks later looking for it they had it. After watching Toy Story 3 H.B. made sure I at least called to ask if they had found it.

P.S. We did find the blue seahorse after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment