
This pretty much sums up what we did two weeks ago while H.B. was on vacation. We had Craig and Tanya over the entire week. We ate a lot, watched a lot of movies and went to the gym once a day. It was the best staycation ever. For the last three days we did drive to Bradenton to hang out with my family. On Saturday we went to the beach and it was beautiful. The whether was perfect. The water was a good tempreture. We went to our usual spot infront of the Sandbar. The kids had a lot of fun and we really enjoyed watching them enjoy themselves. Mae Mae absolutely loves Aki. As soon as she hears his name that is all she says. Aki Aki Aki. It's so cute. As usual Joseluis treated us to his specialty. Thanks Jose for always making such yummy food for us.

There was a wedding going on that day at the beach and it remind us that we almost had a beach wedding ourselves at that very same spot.H.B. and I just celebrated out 8th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long. This is my favorite picture of that day. He brought me flowers which always makes me happy. So happy that I wish I could have fresh flowers everyday but then again I might not appreciate them as much. Since they won't live forever I took a picture to remind me how beautiful they were. Happy anniversary H.B. Thanks for loving me just the way I am.

On a different note I just got Mia's school pictures back. Mia is doing well in school I guess. I am not too sure because her teacher hasn't really kept me too informed. I am hoping that putting her in the school she is in was the right choice. We have parents night soon and I am hoping to get some feed back there. Mia has come home and told me some of the things they are doing but usually when I ask her what she did she tells me that she, "just walks around all day." The teachers response to that was, "not quite." She is at a montessori school. They are all about, "giving children freedom in an environment prepared with materials designed for their self-directed learning activity," so we will see. The teacher did send home a work sheet that had the homework for the entire week.

Mia is not the most motivated when it comes to homework. One day when I asked her to please do her homework which mainly consisted of tracing some 20 vertical lines she told me that, "homework is for big kids mom and I am a little kid." What can I expect after all she is only 4. I find that when I make her do one assignment a day she does better then trying to do two or more. Over all she loves going to school every day and it's nice to get that break in the day. Mae will usually go down for her nap as soon as we get home from dropping Mia off at noon. She will usually sleep until it's time to pick her up.
No comments:
Post a Comment