Our Family

Our Family
The Family

Monday, July 20, 2009

Mae A. White


Our little Mae or as we call her"little Honey" is a sweet sensitive little soul. She has been a good baby so far. She is always hungry. She likes her binki but I think she loves her thumb! She loves being around her big sister except for when Mia is being too loud. She is now a little over three months old. Still not sleeping through the night but we hope that changes soon. She loves to snuggle but H.B. doesn't like the fact that she will not sit still for hours on end as Mia would do during the day. Mae sleeps about three hours and then has to get up to eat. Mia used to sleep all day and get up ever hour and a half to eat. I don't mind Mae being up if it means she sleeps more at night.


Mia likes Mae on most days. She is a little jealous but she is good with the baby. She will usually just ask me to give the baby to dad when she wants my attention. H.B. is finding this baby a little more exhausting then Mia. I think he just forgot how hard having a new born is. Mae will is usually not ready for bed until about 11 p.m. Having two small children has proven difficult but H.B. and I are grateful to have these two precious little girls in our family.


Mae is like the rainbow after the rain. Her smile can brighten my day in an instant. I am so lucky to be her and Mia's mommy. I am not sure what I did to deserve my girls. Mae hates to be left alone. If she can see me even if I am not holding her she is happy. She can get really mad quickly. Her daddy learned this a few days ago when she was up every hour and would simply just scream at him. I came in to rescue him because I know how it feels when your exhausted and no one comes to your rescue. For some reason H.B. had more patients with Mia then he does with Mae. This doesn't mean he doesn't love her just as much. This has proven to be the opposite with me. I guess this is a good thing when we start to loose it, the other will usually intervene.


Mae was blessed on June 6, 2009. She was blessed in the Tampa 2 ward just as Mia was. Joe and JP came all the way from Bradenton to be in the circle. This meant a lot to H.B. and me as Joe and JP hold special places in our hearts. Vilma and Joseluis also came to the blessing. It's always nice to have them over. Our Tia Vilma loves her babies. Mia and Aki aren't so little anymore so having Mae around has really helped fill that baby void for her.


Vilma has always loved babies. We are so lucky to have her as our Tia. She spoils my girls all the time. She is always willing to watch them for us so that we can take a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment