Our Family

Our Family
The Family

Monday, June 25, 2012

Lazy Days of Summer. Or not!

June 7th was the last day of school for us. I must admit that it couldn't have come any sooner. Now that Mia is in school it feels like I am in school. The girls have just recently begun to sleep in until 8 a.m. They were so used to the 7 a.m. wake up call. I for one am glad to be able to sleep in until 8:30. I am at that point where my kids are old enough that if they get up before me I can just ask them to get in bed with me and they will wait until I am ready to start the day. Today though was not one of those days. I actually woke up to Mia informing me that her little sister had gotten into some shampoo and had put it all over the carpet upstairs. When I went to inspect it was actually Rapunzel body lotion that they had gotten for Christmas and much to my dismay it stained my carpet as it had a pink tint to it. Lets just say that that is not how I wanted to start my day.

This picture is here to remind me not to be too upset with Mae Mae for being super naughty this morning.

This is the second picture I took with my new phone which I got on June 1st. I was testing out my camera. The first one I took Mia said was not good because you couldn't see her long hair and people would think she was a boy.





Although our summer has officially started we have managed to stay pretty busy. Swimming, dollar movies, the Science Center, Sea World, and Aquatica. Oh and the girls have also started Ballet. More on that to come. So much to do so little time. I am trying to maintain a schedule of sorts. I want to incorporate a lot of reading and math into our summer days this year. Lucky for me Mia actually likes doing both and has not put up too much of a fight. We alternate between reading out loud, following along with a book on tape, and a reading website her school has provided for the summer. Today I also found a website that has lost of free math games that kept her engaged and more importantly entertained


Having fun with in the new exhibit at the Science Center. We love that place lots of fun activities and my favorite part is that it's in doors in the AC. One can only swim soo much to stay cool here in Florida.

Here the girls are building the pinewood derby cars to race them. Also at the Science Center.
This is the best picture I could get of the crew at the movies. The first  movie of the summer Madagascar 3.

Mia and her friend Grace at the Dinosaur exhibit. Guess who is in the back?




The earthquake machine.

Snow in Florida. We could only hope.

The wind tunnel. Always a crowd pleased.





1 comment:

  1. Does Kristen get to go to the Science Center on her next visit? You know I wish I could go.

    ReplyDelete