Our Family

Our Family
The Family

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Early Birthday Advanture!


Mia really wishes she could be a mermaid. So much so that she is always talking about wishing she had a real fin. One day while looking through my Southern Living magazine I stumbled upon an article featuring the Mermaids at Weekie Wachee Springs. I guess I left it opened to that page and she saw it. She could not believe her eyes. She is always asking me if Mermaids really do exist. The response is always the same. Only in fairly tales. Well not anymore. Not according to this article. "They are real see". There was nothing else I could say. I kind of wanted to go see them myself. So we made it an event. We called Vilma, Jenny, and since Karen, Maya, and Arden were also in town we invited them too.



Weeki Watchee offers two mermaid shows a day. We wanted to see them both so we arrived early in the day. The first show was their version of The Little Mermaid and Mia loved it. This was by no means Disney but to Mia it mad absolutely no difference. She was mesmerized.


After the shows the Mermaids are available for pictures. Mia liked the idea but kept her distance.Finally her very own tail. Mia was tickled silly. She had a great time.
Smile Mia. Smile Arden. Maybe not.

After the first Mermaid show we got to see the animal show that consisted of exactly four animals. Karen said it was really only three animals since the first two were snakes. The show also features a toad, and a baby alligator. The kids liked it even though the entire show only lasted 15 minutes. I was personally grateful since it was extremely hot that day. After all it was the first week of August.





Here is our group shot. I couldn't really get them to sit still. This is the best I could do.

As a side note. Mia recently discovered that there is a lady that makes mermaid tales for little girls that you can actually wear in the water. She told me she hopes Santa can bring her one for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment