Our Family

Our Family
The Family

Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Beginnings!

Where did the time go. I can't believe it's July! We have been having soo much fun that we simply forgot about time. H.B.'s graduation, the cousins visit, going to Costa Rica, and oh yeah moving to Orlando. Over all life is good. No complaints.

H.B.'s graduation was a must. He thought about not going but we assured him he would survive it. It's not everyday you graduate from medical school and live to tell the tale. It made him feel better to know that we would all suffer right along with him. By all I mean all 14 of us. Kristen, Troy, the girls, Mary, Phil, Adam, Me, Jenny, Mia, Mae, Lizette and Marcial. We are proud of the boy. For a graduation present J.P. took H.B. to Berns and the Solorzanos gave his a gift certificate to Berns. H.B. is too spoiled. As you can see he thoroughly enjoyed himself.


Immediately after we headed to the beach where the real celebration began. We had a really good time at the beach but the best part of it all was the company. We loved having all of the cousins (and their parents) in town. We wish we could keep them here forever with us. Thanks for being so awesome and for coming all the way to Florida to share this time with us. We love you all very much.






While at the beach we did all kinds of fun stuff in the sand but mostly the kids loved being in the pool all day long.

After the cousins left we prepared for our move to Orlando. We found a town home we really liked and set a date to go on our last vacation before the mayhem began. We choose to go to Coast Rica. It turned out to be a great choice. H.B. and I had a chance to go zip lining over the amazing Costa Rican Forest. H.B. did it because he loves me. Horse back riding was his idea. He had never been. It was fun. We did it during a storm. It made it more interesting to say the least.We hike as close as we could to the Arena volcanoe. It was pretty cool to see the lava coming down. The hike was a bit brutal but totally worth it. I was just afraid that a snake would come out out of nowhere and bite me. After all we were right in the middle of the forest. We spent an evening in the amazing hot springs at Baldi. The best way to describe it would be to imagine Crystal Hot Springs but 20 times bigger and 20 times better. It was like Disney World for adults. No pictures. We didn't want to care our camera around since it was raining. I am really glad we had a chance to spend some time together and reconnect. Jenny and Talana were kind enough to agree to watch the girls for us. They did a good job and we want to thank them for watching our girls.

The day after our whirlwind adventures in Costa Rica we had the movers scheduled to move us to Orlando. Moving with children is very hard. I am soo glad that Florida Hospitals paid for moving expenses. It made our life a lot easier. We entertained the kids while they packed our stuff. It was nice. Sis. Thorton was kind enough to make us lunch that day and she also vacuumed our entire house for us. Thank you Sis. Thorton for all your love and service. We love you and miss you dearly. Jenny also moved out that day. It was soo sad. Our little Jenny is on her own. She is doing well. She is working and going to school and staying active in the church. I know she will be fine but part of me wishes to protect her and take care of her. We are proud of the young women she has become and recognize that it is time she leave the nest. She will always be our little Jenny.

Mia and Mae seem to be adjusting well to the move. For about two weeks after the move Mia would still tell me she wanted to go back home to FL. I had to explain to her that Orland is in FL and that we can't move back to our old house because someone else is going to live in it. She also asked me where Jenny was. I told her that Jenny now lives with Angie and she said, "that's okay mom Jenny has to be apart of our family." I thought that was soo sweet. We do miss our Jenny very much. Mia was sleeping just fine but for the past two weeks she has been waking up every night comes into our room and asks if we can do five minutes with her in her bed until she falls back to sleep. I just got Mae to sleep through the night two weeks ago. Because of the move she was having a hard time sleeping too. How convenient. When will it ever end. Some day when I am 100 I might be able to sleep again. It's okay who needs sleep anyways!


A few days after our move we did get a chance to take the girls to Disney. The Magic Kingdom had a night parade for the summer which was nice but the best part was the fireworks. They were amazing and made the whole thing worth while. Word to the wise. Never ever ever go to the Magic Kingdom in the summer. It's absolutely too hot and too crowed. We even went on a Tuesday. The only reason we did it was because our weekday passes our blocked out from June 12 through August 18. We wanted to go before H.B. started working. We made the best of it and really enjoyed the fireworks.

Craig was here visiting us for a few days. We really enjoyed having him over father's day weekend. It appears that he and Tania will be moving to Naples for a year and then somewhere close to Orlando for the last part of his schooling. We are super excited. H.B. won't feel so lonely now.

The new ward we are in has been very welcoming and nice to us. I know this was an answer to my prayers because since our first Sunday there we have made new friends and have had play dates and even been invited to have dinner. We have a Spanish branch that meets in our building. It just seems all to familiar to me. I couldn't be happier. We also got a chance to meet some of the residents H.B. is working with and they too have been really nice and welcoming. I know that we are supposed to be in Orlando. It feels as close to home as it could possibly feel if you know what I mean. Now if I could just establish some babysitters we will be in really good shape. I have to go to the Temple now more then ever. Over all we are enjoying our time here in Orlando. There are plenty of things to do.There are like a million parks and places to keep us busy. We are excited to start this new phase in our lives. We are grateful for the Lords blessing and know that he is mindful of us and our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment