Our Family

Our Family
The Family

Wednesday, December 17, 2008


This past Thursday we went to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. We had lots of fun. Mia loved the fireworks and sitting in front of the castle was the best part. We ate cookies, apples, and hot chocolate all night long. Mia seemed to enjoy most of the rides. Some of them proved to be a little to scary even for being kiddie rides. Her favorite was the Mickey Symphony show. She was a bit worried about Donald Duck after he flew right into a wall but we assured her he was okay. I am not sure she bought it though. Mia and her Mickey candy. I was not enjoying that one bit. I figured it was a party so why not.


Snow White proved to be the scariest ride of all. Mia was not having it. She hid in her daddy's side.

She loved getting to meet Donal Duck. He was super friendly and not too scary. Mia is not a fan of Santa or anything that appears to be in a costume of any kind. Her daddy said he was scared of them when he was a baby too.

Mia is officially in her big girl bed. Her aunt Vilma and uncle Joseluis got her a toddler bed that was given to them over Thanksgiving. The only problem was that they didn’t have the mattress so we would have to take Mia’s crib mattress and put it on it. Mia didn’t want to sleep in the bed. After a week of having the bed in her room with no mattress Vilma and Joseluis finally brought it by this past Saturday. I didn’t think Mia would sleep in it but she did. Sunday after church she asked to sleep in her big girl bed during her nap time. When it was time to go to bed I asked her if she wanted to sleep in her crib or the big girl bed and again she replied that she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed. She has been sleeping in it ever since. Now I can move the crib out of her room and start getting the nursery ready.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the first pic! It looks magical and she is such a cutie!!! I should've warned you about the Snow White ride. We rode it last year (no line) and thought it was way too dark and scary. I like how the happy part was one picture at the end.

    I'm impressed it was that easy to get her in a big girl bed. You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete